JOB TITLE – Heavy Duty Mechanic
LOCATION – Tin Can Island, Lagos.
JOB SUMMARY: To find, repair and diagnose faults on Reach Stackers, Empty Stackers, Forklifts, Terminal Trucks, and other equipment in compliance with Code of Practice in the most cost-effective manner. Ensuring optimum availability and reliability of equipment. Refurbishing Mechanical, Pneumatic and Hydraulic components. To ensure that equipment and components comply with manufacturers specifications so as to provide optimum reliability.
- To carry out all maintenance repairs and modifications on Reach Stackers, Empty Stackers, Terminal tractors and other plants and equipment (when required) in accordance with the requirements of the Code of Practice and the Occupational Health and Safety Act. Ensuring high standards are maintained.
- To evaluate and analyze the nature, cause and perform the repairs of breakdowns. Determining the optimal way of dealing with the problem, to achieve a quality and cost-effective solution, as well as minimal downtime and maximum Operational availability of Container handling equipment.
- Use sound knowledge of rigging procedures to recover equipment from yard due to accidents as efficiently as possible, ensuring minimal delays to operations.
- Have sufficient knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act. Enforce safe working procedures, for the purpose of safety of employees and people around you.
- To carry out repairs to defects as per Examiner’s defect list. To ensure safe working and minimize breakdowns to machinery and equipment.
- To execute all repairs in a timely and effective manner ensuring equipment failure is minimized and availability of equipment is optimised in the most cost-effective manner.
- Working standby and shifts to ensure 24-hour availability of Container handling equipment.
- Receive and execute instructions and decisions from the Maintenance Workshop Supervisor.
- Identify work requirements and raise work requests providing complete and thorough information.
- Advise Maintenance Workshop Supervisor on concerns relating to unreliable equipment.
- Perform other related functions required from time to time such as assistance with major emergency work.
- Ensure adherence to established safety practices in the execution of assignments and in the use of tools, equipment and machinery.
- Assist in maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Provide technical expertise and a positive attitude to the functions performed.
- As required, identify spare parts and tools required for breakdown work.
- Provide Work Order planning information as required to Maintenance Planner or Supervisor.
- Troubleshoot and effect repairs on mechanical components and hydraulic circuits, control systems and some electrical component elements. This includes the servicing techniques in conjunction with the Maintenance Workshop Supervisor to improve efficiency.
- Test equipment to ensure compliance with specification and safety standards.
- Service, repair, deploy, remove and stow away equipment as required using safe driving techniques and safe parking procedures.
Educational Qualification: Minimum SSCE/ Technical Education Trade Test/Certificate /Diploma as Mechanic and/or Electrical engineering.
Work Experience: 3-5 years’ experience as Mechanic and/or Electrician in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants plus shift working experience
- Technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of various equipment, including Terminal tractor trailers, Reach stackers /Empty Handlers and Forklift.
- Knowledge of wide range of mechanical and electrical equipment, industrial control systems, variable drive systems, hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their controls.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics, service & parts manuals for various equipment’s.
- Ability to troubleshoot / diagnose / identify electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems, and provide direction and supervision for solutions.
- Ability to be responsive to emergency repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- PC Literate
Knowledge & Skills
- Analytical and systematic
- Requires the ability to follow instructions & plan the workday.
- Required to keep work area organized, neat and efficiently planned.
- Requires the ability to be responsive to emergency repairs with quality workmanship and service.
- Requires the ability to learn fast.
- Basic Electrical Knowledge
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to email@example.com
Applications closes 14th June 2021