Job Title: Empty Handler Operator
Role Summary: The job holder will be responsible for receiving, loading, and moving containers in the yard..
- Receiving empty containers and stacking them to assigned places
- Loading of empty containers for export stuffing
- Conduct pre-operational safety checks on the equipment to ensure that all the parts are operating properly and report defects
- Operates Empty Handler for releasing / moving containers in the yard
- Identifies and reports any safety problems, malfunctions, or damage to equipment, before, during or after operations.
- Follow safe operating procedures and instructions, preventing any injury to persons, or damage to containers and other equipment and property.
- Additional function as required from time to time
· Candidate must possess a minimum of SSCE/GCE/NECO or OND. HND/BSc will be an added advantage
· Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
· Proficient with standard terminal equipment and technical expertise
· Excellent container stacking skills
· Thoroughly familiar with the strict implementation of safety standards
· A comprehensive understanding of container terminal operations
· Excellent visual acuity
· Ability to speak, read, and write
· Physical strength and stamina for heavy lifts
· Excellent knowledge of equipment operations and maintenance procedures
· Ability to complete work projects on time and in an effective manner
· Analytical and problem-solving skills
· Attention to detail
· Strong organizational skills
· Confident, friendly & approachable
· Ability to handle emergency situations, work pressure and stress
· Ability to work independently and with very limited supervision
· Flexibility in resolving issues and addressing changing priorities.
Interested and qualified staff should send their updated CV to email@example.com using the job role as subject of the mail.
Application deadline is Monday, 24th January, 2021. Only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be considered for the next phase of the exercise